////

What is a Signot™?

I love being Mark's girlfriend. What I don't like is the title, girlfriend. I'm closer to his wife but I hope to marry him one day and I'd like to save the term for when I become a wife. I don't like being a "partner" because it sounds like a business transaction. The term "spouse" sounds like a house plant. "Better half" would make me the "worst half" and I'm not a fan of that.

So I asked Mark, "What do I call you?"
Mark says "Signot?"
Me: "Ooh, I like that!"
Mark: "You should trademark it."
Me: giggles

Signot = Significant Other. I like that he's my significant other because he's certainly significant in my life. And faux-trademarking the word is my silly attempt at starting a trend. But I should really consider making greeting cards for Signots™. There aren't many options out there for the person-in-your-life-who-is-a-girl/boyfriend-but-not-a-spouse.

Then maybe we can make t-shirts that say "I'm with Signot™ -->." Too much?

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment