Pinterest is a great way for me to create my ultimate wish list. It even puts it in to a pretty scrapbook format for me. It's super easy to use with a handy Pin It add-on for Firefox. I can pin any image, article, blog, or recipe on the internet. I can even invite friends to view my pin board.
How do you get started? Go to Pinterest.com. Request and Invite. After about six hours, the invite shows up in your inbox. Alternatively, you can ask a friend with a Pinterest account to send you an invite. Tada! Set your creativity free and pin away.
|Sample Pin Board|
Ways Pinterest Will Work for You
- Planning a Party - Put all your ideas on to a Pin Board
- Planning a Wedding - Great way to organize ideas for food, dresses, flowers, etc. Pinterest supports collaborative boards to you can ask your maid of honor or husband for input
- Stuff I Want - Invite friends and family to view your pin board for birthday or Christmas ideas
- Bloggers - While it's okay to pin a few or your favorite posts, Pinterest is really not for self-promotion. But it is a great way to organize ideas, or 'bookmark' ideas for a later blog. Mommy bloggers are especially short on time so if you are surfing the net and come across an idea for a blog, put a pin in it! You can also share your pin via Facebook and Twitter.
- Renovating or Redecorating - Use a Pin Board for all of your ideas
- Inspiration - It's a great place to gather funny and inspiring photos, posters, quotes, and websites. It's a visual collection of all your favorite things. Certainly a great way to start the day!
- Recipes - Create a virtual recipe file
- Lesson Plans - If you're a teacher or a home school educator, this is a great way to collect bits and pieces from the internet for lesson plans
- Bucket List - Pin all the things you want to do and places you want to visit before it's too late!
- Reading List - Go window shopping for titles you want to read and pin them on a reading list board
- Your Pinterest has its own url - http://pinterest.com/username. Use it!
- Use interesting and unique titles for your boards.
- Just like Twitter, you can 're-pin' posts from other pin board. There is also a mentions tool to see if anyone has re-pinned your posts
- Remember that most Pinterest users are women
- All your pins should be linked to the originating website. It's not necessary to put the link in the description
- Add a "follow me on Pinterest" button to your blog/site
Happy Pinning, everyone!
I didn't mean to be gone this long. I really just wanted to take a week break from my blog, Twitter, and Facebook. I went back to Twitter and Facebook after that week but my blog is dusty after a two month hiatus.
Life with baby became...overwhelming.
T starting teething. I knew this would be a difficult time for him but had no idea how challenging it would be for me. All four of T's front teeth came in at the same time.
Yes, I said 'the same time.'
You can imagine how uncomfortable the little guy was for the five and half weeks it took for the teeth to poke through. It took everything out of me. Then it took another 20% of what I didn't have. Sometimes being a mom is no fun at all.
Once T's teeth were through, he started to hit his milestones at warp speed. Sitting, solids, crawling, talking. And whenever I hear my son say 'mama', I melt in to pushover-goo. He can get away with ANYTHING as long as he calls out 'mama'.
This is the roller coaster called parenthood. Down one day, up the next.
When I finally stopped to check myself, I realized I was completely drained. I was depressed, unmotivated, and completely unwilling to do anything but the obligatory parenting stuff. And I was only doing that half-assed.
Now T and I are finally getting back in to a routine. Most of his actions are pretty predictable and easy to deal with. He loves being seven and a half months old and experiencing everything for the first time. He's enjoying life so I might as well, too.
As most of my mommy bloggers will understand, it's hard to find time for blogging and you're not always motivated to write. I especially don't like to write about the bad stuff. But being a mommy comes with bad stuff. The good/bad ratio eventually evens out but when you go two months of bad days, you certainly don't want to write a bitchy blog about how awful it is to be a mother – dare I say.
When I get stuck in a non-writing phase, I find it VERY difficult to just sit down and write again.But here I sit. Writing a blog I was completely unmotivated to write. But it's not so bad. In fact, I'm quite pleased with it. I'm looking forward to writing another this afternoon.
Sometimes, life is just damn funny... (Linked up with MyLittleDrummerBoys blog)
I just starting using Pinterest yesterday and I just had to share this fabulous website with you. Pinterest is a great way for me to crea...
Calling all mothers. I need some salvation. PLEASE! My son is going through a difficult phase right now. I believe, but am not certain, t...
It's Saturday and it's time to give my fav mommy bloggers some sugar! These are my favs for the week. Thanks for the great read, lad...
I love being Mark's girlfriend. What I don't like is the title, girlfriend. I'm closer to his wife but I hope to marry him one d...
These past few months have not been my finest. Parenthood is kicking my ass. I have maxed out all of my energy, patience, and time...
When the family found out that I was pregnant, we were offered this beautiful heirloom cradle from M's sister. I was hesitant to take it...
T is going through an 'I'm really bored' phase. I don't blame him. How much can a five month old do on his own? He makes thi...
I expected breastfeeding to be the easy part. I didn't research the subject or pay attention in prenatal class because I figured I would...
I've decided to be a copycat blogger today. I'm going to copy Vivienne...Interrupted or @VivInterrupted and write a get-to-know-m...