////

Holiday Shoppers and My Super Power

Dear Holiday Shoppers, 
 You are not entitled to bulldoze me and my son to save yourself four seconds of time. You are not entitled to block an entire lane way, aisle, or lineup so you can check your shopping list or talk to Mary Christmas about fruit cake. You are not entitled to mosey through the store like it's a rainy day. It's Christmas, the big guy is coming, chop chop. You are not entitled to steal my cart. You are not entitled to bud in line. And you are certainly not entitled to fight me for a parking spot - GET YOUR OWN and STEP DOWN OFF OF YOUR CHRISTMAS PEDESTAL. 
 
Yours truly, 
No Longer Enjoy Holiday Shopping
 
I don't understand it. Why are we so rude to strangers during the holiday season? We're suppose to be kind to each other and share the joy the holiday brings. We're suppose to be considerate of each other and smile more. 
 
I find myself giving dirty looks or sighing out loud or telling people where to stick their candy canes. I used to LOOOOOVE Christmas shopping. This year, I almost cried in Walmart because some mean woman rammed her cart in to mine. I didn't deserve it. Had my son been in the cart, I would have found my fingers wrapped around her throat. 
 
Where is the Christmas Spirit? What is Christmas Spirit? When I was younger, I thought it meant believing in Santa Claus. When I was a teenager, I thought it was the happy, heightened mood I felt Christmas morning. In university, I drank a cranberry, cinnamon, and vodka Christmas Spirit. 
 
I still like to believe in the idea of Santa Claus. I still feel warm, fuzzy, and smiley Christmas morning. And I certainly enjoy a holiday beverage Christmas eve. I also love the reflection of the twinkling lights on the snow. I love decorating my Christmas tree. I love sharing a buffet of food with my family. And I love Christmas baking. 
 
To me, the Spirit of Christmas is the bounce in my step. It's the liveliness of my home when it's decorated in red and green. It's the smell of cinnamon and pine. It's the anticipation of snow. It's the giddiness in my child - and also in me. It's the idea of harmony, and peace, and love. 
 
So ram your cart in to me. Bud in line. Throw stuff at me. You can't bring me down with you. I have Christmas Spirit. It's my super power.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment